Why Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
March 31, 2017
Whether you suffer an injury in a car collision or slip and fall accident, the process of recovering the financial compensation necessary to cover medical expenses, physical therapy, and loss of income due to being out of work can be quite overwhelming.
Fortunately, you have the option of obtaining the legal services of an experienced personal injury attorney. Hiring a lawyer that possesses the extensive knowledge of the laws and procedures applicable to injury claims can provide you with the peace of mind to help make the best recovery possible from your injury.
The following are the benefits of hiring a personal injury lawyer:
- Experience with similar claims. A skilled attorney will have a comprehensive understanding of the law, insurance company tactics, and previous case history to ensure that every step of the legal process is taken care of.
- Saves you time. While you recover from your injury, do you have hours and hours to review police and medical reports? Request your own medical records? Constantly communicate with insurance providers? A personal injury lawyer can handle all of these things for you.
- Provides legal guidance. An attorney can help you navigate the complexities of the insurance laws and procedures. He or she can thoroughly review your case and determine all of your available legal options to recover the most favorable settlement.
- Settlements are higher. In most cases, people who hire lawyers statistically obtain more money in their injury settlement. Even after paying attorney fees, they will most likely receive more money than they would without legal help.
- No fees until you win your case. Most personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you don’t owe fees if they don’t win for you. If they do win, the fees will come out of the settlement, so no payment is necessary up front.
If you are interested in obtaining experienced legal services from a qualified injury attorney in Oklahoma, contact Saint & Watzke, PLLP and schedule a free consultation today.